We're hiring a Category Business Manager
Join the team - We're hiring a Category Business Manager
Totsbots is the UK’s biggest manufacturer of cloth nappies and has been making the world a fluffier place since 2001. Located in Glasgow we are a bunch of talented people committed to bringing the most cutting-edge cloth nappies in terms of fabric, design and performance. Established by husband and wife we are now a team of 60 staff members selling in over 30 countries worldwide!
We donate any nappies that we can to Forever Angels and Watoto Kicheko, a baby home and orphanage in Tanzania, so that nothing goes to waste. Like most folk at home we also recycle all plastics, cans and paper waste produced in the factory and offices. We use a local company to do this so anyone in the Glasgow area might want to give them a shout – they take all the hassle out of recycling for you and are a great bunch of guys.
We have won the Mother & Baby Best Reusable Nappy award 10 times and have been awarded Made for Mums 2020- Best Eco-Friendly Nappy Gold.
With a background in Category Management, FMCG and Retail, you will be highly commercial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets. You will have excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external parties alike. You will be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. An enjoyment of, and willingness to, travel is a must.
Your Role in a Nutshell
To manage, develop and grow both existing and new accounts. Working collaboratively and commercially with external stakeholders to deliver sales, distribution, and profit targets, with an emphasis on UK Grocery Retail & Pharmacy.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning & delivery of all commercial targets / KPI’s (e.g. Sales, Margin, Costs, Market Share, New Business)
- Develop close working relationships at all levels with each trade customer within assigned region and designated key account portfolio through a commercial, consultative, business to business approach
- Identify business opportunities and trade marketing activity to increase on-line and in-store brand awareness, brand visibility and in turn drive greater levels of sell-in and sell-through performances
- Negotiate, plan, and deliver the successful execution of the sales, marketing, trade marketing, promotional and educational plan with each trade customer within defined portfolio
- Collate consistent and accurate data and statistics working with the Finance and Operations contacts and the wider teams internally and externally to ensure efficient and accurate processes are in place
- Prepare reports, presentations, management information, reporting and correspondence on a regular basis
- Proven track record working in Retail, Category Management, FMCG and Pharmacy sectors ideally gained with a premium, organic brand and preferably with experience working with brands supplying UK Grocery Retail e.g. Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys and UK Pharmacy key accounts e.g. Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds, H&B
- Must have at least 5-10 years’ experience working in Commercial Selling / Account Management / Category Management / Brand Building / New Business roles
- Proven account management and new business experience, specifically negotiating with senior stakeholders within key accounts and working closely with buyers and trading teams
- Must be highly commercial and have a breadth of commercial, financial, brand, trade marketing, visual merchandising & operations understanding across all trade channels and methods of distribution
- Must be data driven, highly numerate with strong analytical and data mining skills
- Experience of creating reports, managing, and interpreting data and providing analysis and commentary to draw out key issues, trends, and solutions
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive combined with a strong customer focus
- Ability to be a brand advocate and encourage such advocacy
- High levels of presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Consistently demonstrates drive, energy, and resilience to work in an agile trading environment
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with teams at all levels and across multiple functions
- Be sales driven and commercially aware of the fashion market and relevant trends
- Must be highly organised, self-motivated, and professional
- Must be highly resilient, tenacious, outcome focussed and results oriented
- Demonstrates good networking, relationship building and influencing skills (internally and externally)
- Essential to have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient with all MS applications
- Base remotely with easy access to the M1 corridor and to Glasgow, you will have the ability to travel frequently and work at other sites as required
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national and international travel e.g. European Trade Shows
- Full clean driving licence
What is in it for you?
- We are offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We will invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience.
- We will support your ongoing professional development.
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We will give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative, and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things TotsBots – so go for it!!
Closing date: 31st July 2020, We will be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, TotsBots are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.