We're Hiring - Machinist
TotsBots are an award winning reusable washable nappy brand, based in Glasgow. Set up at the kitchen table in 2000, we started out as a small firm with a big heart and big ideas and have continued to go from strength to strength.
Our mission is to make the best cloth nappies in the world, enabling parents to make choices that have a positive environmental impact for the future of their children. The original products were made from simple cotton towelling, but fast-forward to today and our revolutionary and award-winning nappy designs are now made using recycled plastic bottles and sustainable bamboo fabrics.
Not content with tempting parents away from disposable nappies, TotsBots also design and manufacture reusable sanitary pad brand Bloom & Nora, helping people to have plastic-free periods too.
In 2019 we partnered with Frugi with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
You will be an experienced sewing machinist who is highly experienced in producing high quality garments. You will be super organised, have attention to detail, excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with hourly and daily targets.
Your Role in a Nutshell
You will work as a valuable member of a high-volume production team to produce high quality garments as per the production operation method. It is important high-quality garments are produced to ensure we are delivering the best to our customers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To be an effective team member and help with the achievement of overall team targets.
- To achieve individual hourly targets in a fast-paced environment.
- To support team members to ensure a continuous flow of work on the production line.
- To actively communicate with team members to ensure a continuous flow of work.
- To be able to work on several different operations when required.
Essential skills: Minimum of 3 years Industrial Sewing Machining experience.
You will be highly experienced in using lock stitch Industrial Machines and also Industrial overlockers.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract with a starting pay of £8.72 per hour (increasing to £9.00 per upon successful completion of 6-month probation period).
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our health & wellbeing activities.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send us your CV stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to email@example.com. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things TotsBots – so go for it!!
Closing date: Tuesday, 23rd March 2021. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, TotsBots are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.