We-re Hiring - Commercial Manager
TotsBots are an award winning reusable washable nappy brand, based in Glasgow. Set up at the kitchen table in 2000, we started out as a small firm with a big heart and big ideas and have continued to go from strength to strength.
Our mission is to make the best cloth nappies in the world, enabling parents to make choices that have a positive environmental impact for the future of their children. The original products were made from simple cotton towelling, but fast-forward to today and our revolutionary and award winning nappy designs are now made using recycled plastic bottles and sustainable bamboo fabrics.
Not content with tempting parents away from disposable nappies, TotsBots also design and manufacture reusable sanitary pad brand Bloom & Nora, helping people to have plastic-free periods too.
In 2019 we partnered with Frugi with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
With a background in Commercial Management, FMCG and Retail, you will have a proven track record of achieving sales targets. You’ll have excellent communication and relationship building skills with internal and external parties alike. You will have the ability to build and create new business with an emphasis on brand building. You’ll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. An enjoyment of, and willingness to travel is a must.
Your Role in a Nutshell
To manage, develop and grow current and new brick-based & digital trade key account customers through a business to business, consultative and commercial approach to deliver marketing, sales, distribution and profit targets within defined key performance indicator’s and within assigned customer portfolio
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning & delivery of all Brand, Marketing, and Sales targets / KPI’s (e.g. Sales, Margin, Costs, Market Share, New Business, awareness, advocacy and CPA). With a main focus on Bloom & Nora.
- Develop close working relationships at all levels with each trade customer within assigned region and designated key account portfolio through a commercial, consultative, business to business approach
- Develop new and existing relationships & partnerships and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Identify business opportunities and trade marketing activity to increase on-line and in-store brand awareness, brand visibility and in turn drive greater levels of sell-in and sell-through performances
- Negotiate, plan and deliver the successful execution of the sales, marketing, trade marketing, promotional and educational plan with each trade customer within defined portfolio
- Identify, plan, prospect and deliver new business opportunities
- Collate consistent and accurate data and statistics working with the Finance and Operations contacts and the wider teams internally and externally to ensure efficient and accurate processes are in place
- Prepare reports, presentations, management information, reporting and correspondence on a regular basis
- Proven track record working in Retail, Category Management, FMCG and Pharmacy sectors ideally gained with a premium, organic brand and preferably with experience working with brands supplying UK Grocery Retail e.g. Tesco, Asda & Sainsburys and UK Pharmacy key accounts e.g. Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds, H&B
- Must have at least 5-10 years’ experience working in Commercial Selling / Account Management / Category Management / Brand Building / New Business roles
- Proven account management and new business experience, specifically negotiating with senior stakeholders within key accounts and working closely with buyers and trading teams
- Must be highly commercial and have a breadth of commercial, financial, brand, trade marketing, visual merchandising & operations understanding across all trade channels and methods of distribution
- Must be data driven, highly numerate with strong analytical and data mining skills
- Experience of creating reports, managing and interpreting data and providing analysis and commentary to draw out key issues, trends and solutions
- Must be enthusiastic, persuasive combined with a strong customer focus
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with teams at all levels and across multiple functions
- Be sales driven and commercially aware of the fashion market and relevant trends
- Must be highly organised, self-motivated and professional
- Must be highly resilient, tenacious, outcome focussed and results oriented
- Demonstrates good networking, relationship building and influencing skills (internally and externally)
- Essential to have a high level of computer literacy and be proficient with all MS applications
- Base remotely with easy access to the M1 corridor and to Glasgow, you’ll have the ability to travel frequently and work at other sites as required
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national and international travel e.g. European Trade Shows
- Full clean driving licence
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full time, permanent contract.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience.
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression - as we grow, you’ll grow too!
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our health & wellbeing activities.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things TotsBots – so go for it!!
Closing date: 30th September 2020. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, TotsBots are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.