Top tips for your baby's first big adventure
With Summer on its way and lockdown slowly easing, now is the perfect time to start thinking about an exciting family adventure!
We know there’s a lot to think about, especially when planning your little one’s first big outing. So, with the help and wisdom of our TotsBots and Frugi community, we’ve created six top tips to help make your venture stress-free and fun for the whole family.
Plan, plan, plan
Try not to pack everything – trust us! Restaurants, hotels, and campsites have more than you think when it comes to toddler and baby supplies. From cots, highchairs to toys, they’ve got you covered. Simply get in touch with the venue to see what you can get away with not packing.
- Make sure there are washing facilities where you are going - Emj
- The Bamboozle Wrap and pads are good because you can wipe the wrap clean and roll up the pads super small. I also bring a big wet bag and a small amount of detergent in a jar to hand wash the covers – Jenn.
- Wraps and inserts instead of All in Ones – Carolina.
- Consider taking a blow-up play ring! It’s easy to transport and gives your little one somewhere safe to sit – Hannah.
Getting in the Z’s
Have a long car journey ahead? To help your little adventurer stick to their nap routine and ready for a day of exploring, getting your hands on a black-out blind is a must!
Just in case your little one decides naps are overrated, remember to bring their favourite tunes to sing along to in the car.
- If you’re going somewhere sunny, a mini pop-up UV tent is handy for outdoor power naps – Hannah.
- Pack some items like toys, books and snacks in a wet bag for the car journey. This will help to keep everything in one place for easy access, plus you can hook it on the back of a seat – Jenn.
Changing on the go
When you’re out and about, we know it can be hard to sometimes find a clean and soft surface to change your baby’s nappy. We’re here to help.
Our portable Happy Mats have an absorbent fluffy top to keep your little one comfortable and are made from recycled plastic bottles – woohoo!
Did you know we also have waterproof Nappy Bags to separately store clean and dry nappies? Ideal for when you’re on the move.
If you have a water baby who loves to splash around, why not take a small paddling pool to the beach? You could also try, if you haven’t already, our Reusable Swim Nappies. They are super comfy, made from soft breathable fabric, and are great for keeping water bums happy.
- You can setup the paddling pool where you are sat in the shade of an umbrella – Ellie.
- You can never take too many nappies! – Emj.
For ‘Oops’ moments
We all know how much wriggle bums love to make a mess, so being armed with Reusable Face & Body Wipes will keep those tiny fingers and mucky faces clean – phew!
Must have Muslins
Our lovely cotton Organic Muslins are here for you and your baby for all occasions. They are gentle on the baby’s skin, extra absorbent, lightweight, and breathable. If you’re wondering what our Muslins can be used for, here are a few ideas: comfort blanket, breastfeeding cover, makeshift bib, sunhat, and more…
And remember to pack… cloth nappies, change of clothes, sun protection, first aid kit, snacks, water and most importantly, your little one’s favourite toys!