Heather's story on reusable sanitary pads
5 reasons reusable sanitary pads are brilliant!
I've been using Bloom and Nora reusable sanitary pads for over a year now. After having my 3rd little human I became increasingly sore during each period. My little girl had been in TotsBots nappies since birth and I had seen a real difference between her and my older children, who got sore constantly in disposables.
I had previously looked into them but I was initially put off by the price. Pre reusable nappies I was a bit grossed out by the idea of reusable sanitary pads and I was embarrassed at the idea of people possibly seeing them on the washing line and didn’t really want to put them in my washing machine.
But then my periods got unbearable, they were lasting well over a week and I was getting so sore that even sitting down hurt. It was stopping me sleeping so something had to give. Everyone kept telling me to try another brand or add nappy cream in fact, someone even suggested it was because I was still breastfeeding! Nothing was helping though. I messaged Bloom & Nora to ask for advice and after some kind words I took the plunge and I treated myself to some Bamboo Bloomers and Bright white Nora’s.
Heather’s 5 reasons to make the switch to reusable sanitary pads:
- To beat the monthly moans: If your period symptoms are unbearable I would say try reusable sanitary pads, after 15 years of soreness and extreme period pain I am now so much more comfortable during my monthly cycle and I am no longer a monthly mummy monster. I had never really thought about chemicals in sanitary pads that could be causing the awful soreness I would get each month. With Bloom & Nora reusable sanitary pads there are no nasty chemicals, so they are great for your sensitive bits. My first period with Bloom & Nora was a dream in comparison to what I was putting up with beforehand.
- Going Green: The best thing about using reusable sanitary pads is that I'm doing my bit for the environment whilst benefiting my own health. The idea of my used disposable sanitary wear still being in the world when I am long gone is pretty disgusting.
- For comfort and to help get a good night sleep: After the birth of your little human you need sleep and the pain of my period was stopping me getting enough. After the switch to reusable sanitary pads I was sleeping better and a much happier mummy.
- They are discreet and stay put: When I was deliberating whether or not to make the move to reusable sanitary pads the things that concerned me were how they would work without the sticky wings, surely they would move? And would people be able to tell I was wearing them? As soon as the Bloom & Nora’s arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how slimline they were and was impressed by the absorbency – much better than a disposable pad. The poppers keep them in place so much better than the sticky wings of a disposable. It’s great! No more chances of the really bad ‘wax strip!’ either - hooray for poppers.
- It’s the best money I have spent! Initially, I was worried that it was a big investment for something I might hate and use only once. I quickly realised that reusable sanitary pads were a great investment! In fact, my husband thinks it's the best money we have spent since the reusable nappies. In the long run, it will save you money, but fundamentally you cannot put a price on a happy more comfortable mummy/wife once a month.
They have completely changed how I feel about my periods. I no longer dread it every month and my periods are now much shorter and lighter.
Reusable sanitary pads are a no brainer! They save you money and, let's be honest, none of us want to throw away money. They are so much softer and more absorbent than disposables. Ditch all of the plastic and toxic ingredients and treat yourself to a less painful period with Bloom & Nora reusable sanitary pads, shop the full range now and have your next cycle in comfort and style.