Beginners guide to all-in-one reusable nappies
If you’re curious about reusable nappies and you’re looking for the perfect nappy to start your cloth journey, we’re here to help!
Whether you’re a new parent, trying to be a bit more eco-friendly, or simply want to save money in the long run by using reusable nappies, confusion over the different options can often be the one thing stopping you from starting your cloth journey.
Here at TotsBots, we have three different ranges: EasyFit, Bamboozle System, and Swim Nappies.
Today we’re focusing on our EasyFit All-In-One reusable nappy as it’s the perfect go-to for a first-time reusable nappy user.
All in One EasyFit Nappies
The EasyFit is the ultimate one-piece reusable nappy; an eco-friendly alternative to disposables and works in exactly the same way, you simply insert a liner, pop it on your little one’s bottom and off you go. It has an integral waterproof layer to keep baby dry and the soft absorbent core will hold up to 185ml, (a typical new-born baby wees 6 times a day, 40/50 ml at a time). If your little one is a heavy wetter, you can simply pop in a booster for some extra absorbency.
The EasyFit Reusable Nappy design
We take extra care when designing our nappies to make sure they’re soft and breathable against the baby’s, to help prevent nappy rash, eczema, and other skin conditions. As well as ensuring little ones are happy in our nappies, we also keep parents at heart to make nappy changes quick and simple:
- With easy hook and loop fastenings so they go on just like a disposable
- One size fits most meaning you don’t have to buy lots of different sizes; with adjustable poppers so the nappy grows with the baby.
- Stay-dry buffer zones keep liquid locked in the core away from baby’s skin
- Clever stitch-free seams to prevent leaks and keep baby dry
EasyFit Reusable Nappy Fabrics
Here are some of the good to know and planet friendly details of our EasyFit fabrics.
Natural bamboo fabric core
- The absorbent bamboo fibre is typically known as the ‘oh my, it’s so soft!’ bit that’s gentle next to the baby’s bum.
- It’s an eco man-made cellulose fibre that contains teeny micro-holes, giving it ultimate absorbency and breathability.
- Grown without the need for agrochemicals and with a very short growth cycle, the bamboo fibre is a sustainable resource.
Recycled plastic waterproof exterior
- The waterproof bit of our nappies is super-soft and stretchy and has been specially developed for us at TotsBots!
- The waterproof polyester yarn is made from 100% plastic bottle waste.
- The fabric is knitted to our specification and then coated with a state-of-the-art waterproof membrane.
- As well as being kinder to your baby’s delicate skin, our reusable nappies also come in cute and colourful prints, reusables are far from boring!
Caring for your reusable nappies
- To keep your TotsBots nappies in tip top condition, here is our nappy care advice:
- Do not use fabric softener or oil-based products (if using barrier cream, use a liner).
- Line dry or tumble dry on a cool setting.
- Pre-wash nappy before use. Bamboo will need approximately 10 washes to reach full absorbency.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Wash in non-bio at 40 and tumble cool or line dry
- Wash with non-bio powder. 40 degrees for wet, 60 degrees for soiled.
Ready to become a cloth convert and to pick out your favourite nappy print? We hope you’ll love our nappies as much as we do! Check out our EasyFit nappies here.
Don’t forget to share any pics of your little one in their colourful reusable nappies. Tag us at @totsbots and we’ll share your ‘On The Bum’ photos on our socials for #TotsBotsTuesday!